Job Opportunities and Employment Assistance
The Municipality of St.-Charles
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
'Where quality family lifestyle abounds amongst natures finest assets'
The Municipality of St.-Charles is currently looking to fill the position of CAO. Located 45 minutes east of the City of Greater Sudbury, St.-Charles boasts the natural beauty of the West Arm of Lake Nipissing, Lake Nepewassi and an abundance of farmland. The municipality has a bilingual population of 1,282, family spirit, and numerous community services ideal for raising a young family.
The CAO is an integral advisor to Mayor and Council in supporting the development and implementation of strategic objectives and policies in the interest of a sustainable community. The CAO builds strong working relationships with stakeholders and provides mentorship and strategic guidance to staff by fostering a culture of municipal excellence throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will have several years of knowledge/experience in municipal government administration including economic development, asset management and change management practices. A College or University Degree with a municipal discipline as well as good oral and written communication skills in both official languages would be an asset.
- Ensuring the efficient, economical and effective organization and administration of Council, all departments, boards and committees as determined by the by-laws of the municipality
- Working with staff to prepare agendas, organizing the preparation of background material, staff reports and other relevant information
- Attending all Council meetings and providing oral and written reports to Council and the public on a variety of municipal issues
- Coordinating the implementation, administration and evaluation of policies that are determined by Council
- Developing appropriate systems and procedures for supporting the decision-making process
- Coordinating the development and implementation of short and long range operating plans and strategies for the municipality
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Hours: 35+ per week
Compensation Package: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please submit a covering letter and resume clearly outlining how you meet the qualifications of this position by April 28, 2017 to the attention of:
David King, Interim CAO
2 King St E
St.-Charles, ON, P0M 2W0
Click Here to view posting
Visit these employment resources for jobs in the area
Job Opportunities in Nearby Municipalities and Bands
Municipality of French River
Employment Options / Options EmploiTelephone/Téléphone: 705-898-2244 Fax/ Télécopieur : 705-898-20468 St-David NordNoëlville OntarioP0M 2N0